28 January 2012

Sophia's First Bath

Our daughter is 11 days old, and we just gave her her first bath at home today! They say not to bathe them too often as their skin needs the natural oils they give off. Fair enough, but she was starting to get stinky... well, as stinky as an 11 day old baby can get. She did NOT know what to think about the bath. First of all, it's pure torture to be naked, and secondly, why does that need to be coupled with water that only adds to the frigid temperatures. That being said, she actually enjoyed looking around and learning about a new part of the house. The kitchen counter has some pretty fun things to look at!


"Mom & Dad, WHAT are you doing to me?!"


"Maybe this won't be so bad."


"This is AWFUL!!"


"I'm being tortured!"

Oh- this face! Too sweet, huh?


"Now, that's what I'm talking about!"


Snuggles from Mommy make it better.


Kisses from Daddy can always calm her down.


"Whew! That wasn't so bad."

It was fun to give her her first bath. All in all, I would say it was a success! She's clean, she smells good, and her skin is mega soft. She's even more kissable than before... and believe me, that's A LOT!


2 comments:

  1. I love the clean baby smell! I know there are some pros and cons about using baby lotion, but I did with all three of my kids. It had to be Johnson and Johnson and not Baby Magic for me. I tried to grease my grandkids up when I could. Kari wasn't fond of the lotion! It's such a sweet smell and brings back some precious memories. I have even bought it for myself just to remember! Sophia is so lucky to have such loving and attentive parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is just to precious girl and i agree with the previous post we used Johnson and Johnson with charlie and kept him nice and soft. Congratulations again i just know you guys are gonna be awesome parents. Wish you all the best and prayers coming your way. I know were not on fb anymore but if you ever need anything please look me up Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete