15 November 2011

Celebrating Our Sophia


These three beautiful ladies put together the nicest shower for us on Sunday. They worked so hard to make sure that the day was absolutely perfect- and they succeeded! It was such a wonderful day filled with cupcakes, gifts, fellowship, and smiles.


This young lady worked very hard as well to make sure the shower ran smoothly. I am very blessed to have two of the most amazing sisters and two of the best friends a girl could ask for! Even though we're miles apart much of the time, we always pick up right where we left off.


Sophia is very much loved! The amount of gifts she received to demonstrate this love overwhelmed Andrew and me. Not only did people come to shower us with love, but they also helped us provide for Sophia's needs. We are so appreciative of each and every gift. We look so forward to watching her play with, wear, and use these gifts. We are so blessed!


My sister and mom molded each of these chocolates for the cupcakes. They turned out so cute! They were pretty tasty too ;-)


They also worked hard on each centerpiece. Those cutesy owls were crafted out of toilet paper rolls. How economical!


We got so many fun gifts for Sophia. This one pretty much sums it up... bows, toys, shoes, onesies, diapers, and PINK, PINK, PINK!!! If we end up with a Grant Owen, we'll be making a trip to Target before bringing him home! haha! Seriously, though, we are definitely much closer to being ready for our little girl's arrival!


Our parents gave us some of the neatest gifts. My mother-in-law sewed these custom burp cloths for us along with a hospital gown for me. We love them! I am packing these in my hospital bag as soon as we get home!

Mom and Steve purchased the bassinet we registered for. We are SO excited about this gift. It was on the top of my personal "want" list. I am excited to get it set-up and by my side of the bed. We plan to have her sleep in our room until she is three months old.

Dad and Anna purchased the carseat we wanted. It is such a relief to know that we are now properly equipped to bring our baby girl home. This gift made me breathe a HUGE sigh of relief.


There were two other expectant mommas at my shower! My friend, Kayla, is 7 weeks pregnant, and Krystal is 14 weeks pregnant. I am in the lead at 30.5 weeks pregnant. It is SO much fun to be experiencing the joys of motherhood with close friends. I am looking forward to watching them grow and get to know their little ones. We will have som fun playdates once our babies are here!


Speaking of sharing motherhood, my best friend, Melissa, gave birth to her sweet son just days before my shower. Since she couldn't be there (although she sure tried!), we visited them after my shower. Baby Sawyer is absolutely precious! We are so thankful that we are sharing this journey together. Sweet Sophia and Sawyer will be the best of friends, I'm sure!


Andrew and I are SO grateful to have such loving family and friends. Our shower allowed us to visit with family and friends, and it was an outward expression of the love others feel for our precious baby. We cannot properly express our gratitude toward everyone who came to celebrate with us. Sophia has such a strong support base, and it makes our hearts so happy to see how much our daughter is already loved!

Thank you to EVERYONE who came to make our day so wonderful! We love you all so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment