26 November 2011

Diner Dates


When we woke up this morning, Andrew turned to me and said "Let's go have breakfast at that diner I saw yesterday." I had to laugh because I see this diner every day on my way to work, but he "discovered" it yesterday while at the post office. Andrew loves places like this, so I readily agreed.

Breakfast was good. This little family-owned restaurant had a nice atmosphere and fun placemats filled with activities to keep us busy while we waited for our food (yes, I realize we sound like two little kids). As Andrew was paying the bill, the cashier recommended their Friday fish fries and asked if we were visitors. You see, she has grown up here and had never seen us before. We assured that we are the new ones in town, and she seemed to be glad to have us around.

Anyway... fast forward to tonight.

On our way home from our shopping spree for baby girl, Andrew excitedly suggests that we have a "Diner Date" one night each week. Our quaint area has a LOT of "Ma and Pa" diners, and he thinks that it would be fun to experience them all. I couldn't agree more! It sounds like an absolute blast!

So... each Wednesday evening starting next week (we must go to this Friday's fish fry), we will be exploring a new diner! Our Diner Dates are something I'm really looking forward to! I will blog here and there about which diner we've enjoyed for the week. I can't think of a more enjoyable way to spend time together. I love my husband's fun (and sweet) ideas to stay connected with one another.

What are YOU doing to stay connected to your significant other?


No comments:

Post a Comment