18 November 2009

celebrations

23 years of life. Wow. I feel as if this is a great accomplishment in many ways. I have been greatly blessed with love, laughter, and life. The past few years, I have dreaded my birthday and the realization that I am getting older hit hard. This year I swore off my birthday altogether. My fiance wouldn't stand for that though. In fact, for the first time, my birthday was ranked right up there with deer season- if not above.
Conveniently, my graduate classes were cancelled today because the majority of my professors are at the ASHA Convention in New Orleans. So, with nothing on my plate for today, Andrew encouraged me to come to Rolla. I agreed.
When I arrived last night, I had the cutest little box waiting for me on his bed. It was wrapped in the most adorable pink and green wrapping paper. It was totally me. He insisted that I opened it even though it wasn't my birthday.I picked it up- and it was HEAVY! I had been hoping for Enchanted, so when I lifted the box, I was slightly disappointed. I later told him it felt like I was going to open one of those fancy glass bowls you can find in the Christmas aisle- you know, the gifts that you pick up at the last minute. Upon opening it, I realized that it WAS Enchanted! He had taped a weight in there to throw me off!
He had not only bought me the perfect gift, but he then made me dinner (I didn't get there until 9:00 pm and was HUNGRY!!) and put the movie in!! He had planned a date night to go along with my gift- my heart MELTED!!!
But, that's not all!! Today, I am completing a diagnostic report while he's in class. I am also going to visit my niece while he's taking a test. He then has reservations at a local restaurant for dinner tonight! I cannot believe it! It's the PERFECT birthday- and, it's a birthday I wasn't even planning on celebrating.
I love my fiance.
He's not the only blessing to me though. I logged onto facebook this morning and had 36 notifications. All wishing me a Happy Birthday. Then, I logged on two hours ago and had 20 more. Along with those, I've had several phone calls and countless text messages.
Today I have realized how many WONDERFUL people I have in my life. I am absolutely and completely blessed by so many people.
So, as I celebrate my birthday, I also celebrate my fiance, family, and friends who have helped shape me into the person I am today!

1 comment:

  1. Silly girl, celebrating birthdays are fun!

    Sounds like you got yourself a good man. ; )

    ReplyDelete