12 November 2009

to have and to hold


In 205 days, I will marry the man of my dreams. Andrew truly completes me. I know how corny that may sound, but he truly does. Our relationship is just now "settling" into where it needs to be. It's maturing- and it's becoming everything I have always prayed for.

I love him, I trust him, and I am so glad he holds my heart. There is no one better for the job. He's the one God created for me. No doubt about that.

He has matured so much this year- and his new outlook on life makes me feel like the most incredible girl in the world. He now tells me that he is striving to be more of a husband than a boyfriend. He has always been a great guy, but everything I've ever loved about him is becoming who he is. What I've loved about his heart is now becoming his exterior. He's no longer talking the talk, but walking the walk.

His new outlook on our relationship is causing me to reflect upon it as well. I no longer feel like I need to "control" what he does. I do not feel like I am out of control of situations, but I no longer have any doubts. I trust him with everything in me. I love this- I now feel like I am the fiance I've always wanted to be. I feel like I can offer him so much more than ever before.

I feel like we are now living our lives for each other as well as for ourselves. We are living more as one, and it is so incredible to see! God is truly blending us together, and that love will be united permanently on June 5, 2010.

It has been the most amazing experience watching our love mature and grow. I cannot wait to see where the rest of our lives takes us- this year has been incredible just as it is.

I love you, Andrew. Thank you for being the best guy I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment