10 July 2011

Guacamole

Avacados are packed full of nutrients that my body really needs right now... plus, it's a good substitution for the Mexican cheese I cannot enjoy while I'm pregnant. So, I've been making it at least once a week. It's so good, and I thought that I would share!

Ingredients:

2 ripe avacados
1 lime
Salsa of choice
Sour cream
Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preparation:

Roll avacados before cutting to soften the inside. Cut in half, scoop out, and mash in a medium sized bowl.

Roll lime to soften before cutting. Squeeze lime juice into bowl.

Add 2 spoonfuls of sour cream.

Add 3-4 large spoonfuls of salsa.

Sprinkle with as much parmesan cheese as you prefer.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

Mix all ingredients well.


Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!

Side note... avacados are also very good for babies once they begin to eat fruits and veggies. I really look forward to making my own baby food! It's fun researching all the different options we will have!!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I LOVE guacamole and I think I'm going to give this recipe a try :)

    And my girls LOVE avocados too! I think it's a California thing because you can get anything here with avocado on it :)

    ReplyDelete