01 July 2011

Beef and Ranch Noodles

I was really, really craving a ranchy-type Hamburger Helper. Problem was, I didn't want the calories and additives from a boxed dinner. I just HAD to have it though. So, I went through the pantry and found some items that I thought would work. Andrew gave this meal a big stamp of approval, so I thought I would share.

Ingredients:

1 box noodles of choice
1 pound ground beef
1 packet ranch mix
8 ounces sour cream
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preparation:

Brown meat while boiling noodles.

Once meat is browned, add ranch mix, sour cream, milk, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir well.

Add noodles. Stir.


Serve and enjoy!!

Note- please ignore my hodge podge of noodles. I literally just used items we had in the house.

Tip- for added flavor, consider using two packets of ranch mix. Andrew really liked it as it was (although, he may have just been happy I cooked something without getting sick!), but I think it could have used a bit more "punch". So, if you make it with two packets, let me know how strong it is!

Just as easy, if not more so, than the rival boxed dinner! Try it : )

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try this! Thomas loves hamburger helper but I don't really care for it. This looks so yummy though!

    Also, cooking hamburger made me so sick when I was pregnant lol

    ReplyDelete