26 August 2011

Sophia Claire


I cannot get enough of this picture. Seeing the precious face of our daughter melts my heart. I cannot even begin to explain the great amount of love we feel for her already. It's pretty incredible how MUCH a human heart is able to love. Even though we haven't met Sophia yet, she is such a huge part of our family... and she is loved with a love far greater than I had ever imagined.

When the ultrasound technician (who has done this for 30 years now) told us that we are having a girl, we were both so happy. We truly had no preference either way, and we definitely recognize the tremendous blessing this little life is. It was so cute to see Andrew's face mixed with excitement, love, and a little bit of fear at the thought of having a little girl. I beamed with pride... and then later began to panic.

I have honestly never pictured myself with a little girl. I always said I wanted 4 rough and rowdy boys. I don't fix hair, I don't like whiny drama, and I was always a little scared to have a little girl. In a single instant, I couldn't imagine my life WITHOUT a daughter. Sophia is exactly what Andrew and I wanted. She is who God designed for our family. She is perfect.

We look so forward to January when we get to meet our sweet Sophia Claire. Until then, we're going to continue enjoying each and every step of this pregnancy. It's been an amazing journey so far, and I look so forward to the many more blessings to come.

I say this a lot, and I'll say it again... God is SO good. We are so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment