17 August 2011

Sweet Movements!

I have been feeling baby movements for several weeks now. Just last week, the kicks and punches became much more defined. I told Andrew it felt like the baby was using the umbilical cord as a sling shot or swinging rope. The movements are inconsistent, and I wish that I could feel them more often. I've also been anxious to feel those kicks from the outside.

Well, tonight Andrew and I were laying on the bed and watching a movie. I rested my hand on my belly and felt a slight twitch. I thought "no way" and waited. Two more stronger twitches followed. I excitedly told Andrew to put his hand on my belly. The baby then gave a good, strong kick! The look on Andrew's face was priceless! He said, "And that's not your pulse or something?"

The baby stopped moving for a little bit, and then began again with extra strength. I had Andrew feel again, and this time he was able to feel several very defined movements! We were both so excited that we got to share this moment together... and that we were able to feel those outside kicks on the same day! So, at 18 weeks and 2 days, Daddy was able to feel our sweet child.

It was such a precious moment... yet another one that will be etched in my mind forever.

This child is such a blessing to our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment