25 September 2011

Celebration: Andrew!

My love turned 25 today!! It is the first birthday for either of us to celebrate away from our family, so I tried a little harder to make it extra special for him. Overall, I think it turned out well!!

Here's how we spent his Happy Birthday weekend...


Yesterday, I made chipped beef on toast for breakfast. I hadn't made this for him in quite a while. He was one happy camper!

Afterward, we spent the day working on the house. We got a lot accomplished. Woo hoo!!

We then went on a double date with a co-worker of mine. That was fun!

This morning, we went to an incredible church service at our new church. It was so nice to worship together on Andrew's birthday. He put it very well by saying that it was the best way to spend his day.

After lunch at Five Guys, he wanted to get some exercise. So...


We hiked three miles on a local trail before deciding to try a bike ride. I haven't been on my bike since I've been pregnant because I've worried about it. I'm happy to say that I was able to bike two miles with Andrew. He then finished the trail while I picked him up at the end- I just wanted to be extra cautious, especially since I had already walked three miles. He was so cute! He definitely enjoy this part of his birthday. I'm glad today turned out to be a beautiful day for him. It was supposed to be cool and rainy, but the forecast changed to sunny and 80 degrees at the last minute. Happy Birthday from God!!


We also discovered this beautiful waterfall. I love this area because of all of the waterfalls.


When we got home, I made him beef stroganoff. He gobbled it up & grinned from ear to ear. I think it was a hit!


We also got our new fishtank all set up. It's a cube tank on a sturdy stand (so it's safer for Little Bit), and it's so zen. Lady is loving the extra space (a 17 gallon increase), and she is loving the algea-free environment even more. Andrew thinks this tank is pretty incredible, and it was made complete with a bonsai tree- his favorite. Happy Birthday, Love!!


We topped the night off with a Happy Birthday confetti cake- another one of his favorites. I know it's just the two of us, but what's a birthday without a cake?! He'll take the rest with him to work tomorrow to share with the guys.

I really enjoyed spending today with Andrew. I am so thankful for the day he was brought into this world. His life has changed mine. God sure knew what He was doing when He created Andrew. We were definitely made specifically for each other.

Happy, Happy Birthday, Andrew!!! I love you so, so much!!!

On that note...


Yesterday, we celebrated 5 years of being together. I came out of the bedroom to this cheery surprise. He always knows how to make me smile. He's pretty fantastic!

And completely off-topic...


We have finally finished painting the main portion of the house!! This afternoon, I was suprised by this plaque being hung up in my kitchen! YAY! It's one of my favorite decorations for many reasons, and I'm so excited that we're to the point of decorating. We just have Sophia's room and the bathrooms to paint. Now, if only those boxes would unpack themselves...


No comments:

Post a Comment