29 October 2011

Spur of the Moment Mini-Babymoon!

As many of you know, Andrew and I do not have a TV at our home. Now, when I say that, I mean that we ONLY have a TV for watching movies. We do not miss watching TV... that is, until the Cardinals were in the World Series. We have definitely felt the disappointment of not being able to watch the games.

After Thursday night's historic win, I sent Andrew a text saying that we should go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the 7th game... and to hopefully see the Cardinals win. He readily agreed. So, when we got home from work, we made our way to the closest BWW. We got a booth, ordered an appetizer, and tried to settle in for the evening... and still had about 45 minutes until game time. Not much time went by before Andrew said, "We should have just gotten a hotel room, then we could be watching this from the comforts of our own bed." Next thing I knew, he jumped up from the booth, pulled out his phone, and went outside. I thought this was odd, but I just shrugged my shoulders. He came back inside a few minutes later with the cutest smile on his face and said, "Let's go! I got us a room!"

I protested at first saying that it was too much money, but he insisted. It didn't take much convincing for me to agree that this was EXACTLY what we needed. We've been running ourselves ragged with work, the house, finances, you name it. To have a night away from obligations & with each other sounded like a piece of Heaven right here on Earth.

We checked into our room & found the right channel right as the Cardinals were up to bat in the first inning. What an incredible game! It truly was baseball at its finest... and we enjoyed every single moment together. We also learned that sweet Sophia is a Cardinals' fan as well. She was jumping and wiggling the whole time. We got a kick out of watching her move about. Above all else, it was SO GOOD to just be with each other. We soaked it up. We woke up this morning and felt so refreshed and much less stressed. It was the perfect decision!

Just a warning, I'm about to get totally mushy (but, what's new?!) on you!

I have an incredible husband. He does so much for me and Sophia already, and not a single thing goes unnoticed. He makes sure that we are provided for, and he goes above and beyond to make sure that I have everything I need to grow Sophia. He reads food labels, he prepares amazing breakfast smoothies full of protein, fruit, and fiber... but without sugar, he works harder so I can relax a little more, and he is there for me emotionally. Most importantly, he is a wonderful spiritual leader. Even in the midst of our crazy situation, he makes it a point to pray for us, for Sophia, and for our future. He stands up for us even when he feels the weight of the world on his shoulders. He is such a good leader for our family. I do not take him for granted, and I am so, so thankful for who he is. He blesses my life more than I can say, and I am so grateful that he is the father of our child. I know that we will always be loved, cared for, and provided for with him. He's such an amazing man!

Ok, there you go! I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture. I married an awesome guy. We are having a totally cool baby. We are so blessed... even when things seem like a mess. All in all, God is wonderful- and I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment