19 December 2012

Oh boy, oh boy!

We're having a boy!! At yesterday's ultrasound, it was very obvious that Bennett Ryan is the newest addition to our family. We are so happy, and we feel so blessed to have a healthy baby boy. As the mother of a sweet girl, many thoughts raced through my head... I thought I'd share them with you.
 
... YAY! I will have a momma's boy!
 
... Oh dear! What do I do with a BOY?!
 
... How are we going to decorate the nursery? Half pink, half BOY?
 
... What do we do about the PINK carseat we registered for? Why weren't we smarter about that?
 
... A BOY!!! We're having a BOY!
 
... This is PERFECT! Sophia needs a brother to even out the playing fields- she's a bit dramatic.
 
... Oh my goodness. We have SO MUCH to teach Bennett about being a true man.
 
... I'm so thankful that Bennett will have such wonderful example of what a "true man" is from his father.
 
... We are BLESSED!!!
 
Many, many more thoughts have flown through my mind over the last 24 hours, but these all came within minutes of finding out who I'm carrying. All joking aside, I am already praying that we are able to teach Bennett how to be a man of integrity. A man of wisdom. A man of God.
 
I hope to instill in him many of the characteristics his dad possesses. I am married to the greatest man I know, and I pray we are able to raise Bennett to be that same kind of man. It's a lot to pray about! Society and families NEED more men of character... so, as a mother, I have already begun to pray for wisdom when it comes to parenting him.
 
When it all comes down to it, I know God will guide us every step of the way as long as we seek His will. I am so excited to welcome Bennett into our home. He is EXACTLY who our family needed.
 
Thank you, Lord! We are blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow congrats girl, trust me boys are handfuls but they are also the one that will sneek in and steel the most hearts. So excited for you girl and Praying! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, you'll love having a boy :)

    ReplyDelete