09 December 2012

Spinach and Bacon Quiche

 
This dish was always a favorite of mine growing up. My mom was kind enough to share the recipe with me when I ventured off on my own, and I'm happy to share it with all of you as well!! I hope you love it as much as I always have.
 
Ingredients:
 
1.5 cups milk
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups shredded cheese
10 ounces fresh spinach, steamed and drained
1/2 pound cooked bacon, cut into small pieces
2 deep dish pie crusts
Salt and Pepper to taste
 
Preparation:
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Combine ingredients and fill pie crusts.
 
Bake 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
 
Tip from Mom:
 
Cover the edge of the crust with strips of aluminum foil to prevent from burning them.
 
Yum!!
 
 
 
Side note... this dish can be made with virtually any vegetable, meat, or cheese that you desire. Be creative!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment