15 February 2012

Honey Baked Salmon

I promise that I do still cook. Although, if you ask Andrew, you may hear a completely different story. I will be the first to admit that I haven't cooked as much as I used to since moving to New York and finding out that we were expecting. When we lived in the barn, I just had no desire to do anything. Then, when we moved into our home, I was too exhausted with everything else going on. Now, I try to cook more often, but I am still trying to find a balance between caring for Sophia, resting when she rests, cleaning, and cooking. It's a work in progress. Anyway, I did cook last night (not specifically for Valentine's Day), and it was pretty good! It's one of our favorite meals, so I thought I would share.


Salmon

Place salmon in a lightly greased baking dish (or on aluminum foil to go on the grill). Lightly top with salt and pepper and drizzle with honey. Bake (or grill) according to instructions.

Salad

We prefer mixed greens. I topped it with shredded cheese and a pecan & cherry blend. I then drizzled it with natural pomegranate dressing. Delish!

Asparagus

Wash & snap the bottoms off of the asparagus. Place in a lightly greased baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. I like mine a bit more firm with a nice crunch, so I take them out closer to the 10 minute mark. It's all up to you!

So, there you go! That's what we enjoyed for dinner last night. Quick, easy & healthy... just what this new momma needed! I hope you enjoy it as well. I also hope to post more blogs like this in the coming days... don't hold me to it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment