11 February 2012

Sophia's Latest News

I am a bit behind on blogging about our sweet little lady. She has been so much fun & I just haven't taken the time to sit down at the computer to load pictures and blog. So... here's her last week in a nutshell.


She has been quite the little Houdini. I swaddle her VERY tightly for naps and bedtime, yet she is somehow always able to free this hand. We can help but to laugh because this is EXACTLY how she was laying in the only face shot we got of her during the 20 week ultrasound.


See? She's always got to have those hands by her face.


She has graduated to big girl clothes this week. She is now wearing 0-3 month clothing! Although this bow is a bit ridiculous, she looks really cute in her new wardrobe. Don't worry, I put a smaller black bow on her.


A nurse from the county health department came to visit. Sophia is doing very well... and so am I. She even tried to recruit me as an SLP. You never know- it would be nice to work with kids again.


She enjoyed Saturday snuggles with Daddy. We like having him home all day. Why does the work week have to be five days long anyway?


She wore jeans for the first time! She looks like such a little grown-up in these! This is officially my new favorite outfit of hers.


Her blue eyes are only getting bluer. Instead of being mega dark, they are turning into a gorgeous bright blue. I wonder if they will be like her dad's eyes. His sure are gorgeous!


We went on an impromtu date to Red Lobster. She did wonderfully & slept in my arms during the whole meal. It was so good to get out and about. We went to the mall first so I could walk around. We walked about 2.5 miles before enjoying a nice dinner together. I absolutely LOVE time with my family!


She definitely let me know that she had had enough of picture taking. That little yawn is way cute!


We have also been enjoying Bible time with each other. Sophia likes to listen to Daddy reading the Bible... she has loved it since she was in the womb. I am so blessed to have a husband who is such a wonderful spiritual leader.

It is hard to believe that she will be four weeks old in just a few days. She is growing up so quickly, and she changes every day. We have an appointment with her pediatrician on Monday. I'm anxious to see how much she's grown & gained in the last four weeks. Oh, how I wish there were a way to slow down time!


2 comments:

  1. Aww i love it girl she is just getting to big. Dont feel so bad charlie would do the same thing its so amazing how smart they are you know. He had to have his hands by his face and he still does. I adore those outfits. She is just so precious and your so blessed to have such an amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blogs. They are helping me keep up with Sophia growing so fast. I love every one of the pictures in this blog. It brings tears to my eyes to see Andrew spend the time he does with Sophia and etc. So many men don't take the time Andrew does with Sophia. He is an amazing dad and you are an amazing mother. Perfect parents! Sophia couldn't have any better parents than the two of you. I know she is going to be as proud of you both as you both are of her. We love all three of you! God bless all three of you.

    ReplyDelete