20 March 2012

Lots of Firsts!

Oh, the weather is beautiful here in New York! Since the weather has been perfect lately, we have gotten to do a lot of "firsts" with Sophia!


On Sunday, we got to hang out on our front porch for the first time. At first, she wasn't sure about the breeze blowing across her face, but she quickly learned to love it! She really enjoyed looking around... the bright sun is her favorite.


We also got to take her on her first outdoor stroller excursion on Sunday. Again, she wasn't too sure of the bumpy sidewalks (they are NOTHING like the smooth mall floor), but it didn't take long for her to fall asleep.


Finally, yesterday, I got to take her on our first mother-daughter date! We visited her daycare, had lunch with my co-workers, and made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby. She was all smiles for the lead teacher at the daycare & she was pretty sweet while we were at work. Hobby Lobby is a different story. Picture this... a wreath draped over my arm, 6 flower stems in my hand, an undersized cart with an oversized carseat being navigated with my flower-filled hand while I fed Sophia with my free hand to keep her from screaming bloody murder. ha! Overall, it was such a fun first date!

Finally...


... the spring flowers are gorgeous! To put it into perspective- the spring flowers hadn't started blooming last year until the week before I moved to New York in the middle of May. Crazy!

Happy first day of Spring, Sophia!!


No comments:

Post a Comment