27 March 2012

Sensory Bottles

I worked in an infant classroom for close to three years while I was in college. During that time, I learned a lot (or so I thought!) about infants. One idea that I took from there is sensory bottles. They are awesome! I hope to have a whole collection for Sophia soon. I started on that collection today with the bottles we already had in our home.


This bottle is short and fat... wonderful for little hands! I filled it with black, white, and red beads that I had leftover from the wine charms I make. It is an quick and easy rattle... and cheap too!


This bottle is tall and skinny... also great for little hands. I filled it with water and beads in hues of blue. This bottle could be put in the fridge or in a pan of warm water for extra sensory input. The beads make a softer sound in this bottle.

Where would you find bottles like these for your own little hands? Aldi. My beef and chicken bouillon cubes came in these. Just make sure to wash and dry them... and glue the lids on tightly! I am so excited to add to this collection. I'm thinking water & oil with food coloring, water and glitter, pinecones (or other nature items), and a whole lot more!


No comments:

Post a Comment