09 April 2012

Sophia's First Easter

Yesterday, we celebrated the resurrection of our Lord! It was Sophia's first Easter, and boy, did she look adorable. We went to church, dyed Easter eggs, and snuggled lots. We had a nice day as a family and just enjoyed each other's company.


Sophia wore her first ridiculously huge flower bow yesterday. She was absolutely precious in her Easter dress.


My love and little lovebug in their Sunday best.


Her sweet & sassy expression melts my heart. This girl is a quirky one!


"What, Mom?!"


Her hands are so fascinating to her right now. She is mesmerized by them whenever they come into her line of sight.


We also dyed Easter eggs yesterday. Truthfully, Sophia slept through most of it, but she woke up for the last part of the day. She liked the bright colors a lot.


Sophia & Daddy with the egg we dyed for her.


See? She really liked those bright colors!


Andrew & his mini-me with our finished product.


I love my girl! She's a silly one... always up to some sort of shenanigan.


We introduced Sophia to Sophie. Nana, Papa, and Aunt Miranda sent Sophia this awesome teether for Easter. I am sure they will be great friends.


We ended the day with lots of snuggles. Oh, how I love this time!


I am soaking up every little bit of time with this sweet darling. I cannot believe that my maternity leave is almost over. I have been so blessed to have had this time with her. I know that I need to go back to work for many reasons, but it will not be easy to leave her in someone else's care.

Anyway... our first Easter with Sophia was wonderful. We look so forward to teaching her the resurrection story & we hope we can teach her Christ's love through our actions and our every day lives.

We hope you had a blessed Easter as well!


1 comment:

  1. She is just too sweet! And Sophia will definitely love Sophie, she's a favorite at our house.

    ReplyDelete