16 June 2011

Fabric Flowers

Today, my friend, Heather, shared an adorable wreath with me made out of wrapped flowers. I pretty much decided that I wouldn't be able to make it because sewing is simply not my thing. I then found this tutorial on how to make no-sew fabric flowers. Take a look at how I did it...


First, I gathered my supplies. A shirt I never wear, measuring tape, fabric scissors, hot glue gun, and pencil.


Then I cut my strip of fabric. This one was about 1 inch, but I did other that were wider.


I then hot glued about 1/2 inch of the end and tightly rolled that portion to make the center of the flower.


To make the rest of the flower, just roll the fabric away from the center and glue as you go! It's simple!


I made these four beauties. What will I do with them? I'm not sure yet... that's the next step. I may add some bling... or some feathers... and I'm thinking it will be a headband. Check back at a later date to see the finished product!

3 comments:

  1. Tip for cutting fabric in straight lines. Get out your iron. Measure how wide you want the strips. Fold that side over to the desired width and iron it. Then just run your scissors down the seam you created and you get a straight cut. That is how I cut my strips for my quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! Good thing about these are straight lines aren't required : ) adds to the shabby look : ) But, perfect tip for when I cut strips to wrap wreaths in.

    ReplyDelete