09 June 2011

Our 1st Anniversary

On Sunday, we celebrated our first wedding anniversary. In a lot of ways, it feels like this year flew by. Sure, when we were apart, the days drug on, but in the large scheme of things, I feel like I was just walking down the aisle to pledge my life to my best friend. We had a wonderful day celebrating our marriage, and we look forward to the many more anniversaries to come!


We began our day by going to church. As I said on facebook, please ignore my hunchback pose. I am not sure what it up with that. Anyway, we enjoyed a very nice sermon preached by our pastor's brother-in-law. It really put a lot of things into perspective for me... such as waiting for God's timing in everything. His plan is so much bigger than we can understand.


After church, we drove to Ithaca to eat at The Boatyard. Yum! Their food is so tasty. They have buffalo chicken egg rolls that make my mouth water. It was delish!


After lunch, we saw this blue heron enjoying his lunch by the river. It was too cool to see one so close. Sadly, I soon scared him off.


We then came back home, exchanged gifts, changed clothes, and left for a nearby state park. This waterfall was so pretty! It is my favorite that I have seen so far.


We then made the trek up this really cool stairway. It looks pretty, but looks are deceiving. This stairway was a booger to climb as it wraps around the hill. I admit, I had to rest at the top.


Andrew was fascinated with these rocks. They were very thin, pretty sharp, and flew like crazy. They're dangerous!


Just another picture of us : ) We love each other, can you tell?


I really liked how the gorge ran along the pathway. It was so pretty! It made for a very relaxing hike.


Us, again, enjoying our anniversary.


I thought this bridge was really cool. Overall, the whole state park was beautiful. We'll be returning when family members start visiting!

It was such a good anniversary! Like I said, we look forward to the many, many more we will celebrate together. It's been a wonderful year, and I am even more in love with my husband than I was when I married him. I wouldn't trade what we have for the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment