02 June 2011

Rewind

In all of the craziness following the move, I had forgotten that I said I would blog about the significant change in the baby robins from one week to the next.


This picture was taken on May 9th. I thought that they were so cute and tiny nestled into their nest like this.

The following pictures were taken May 16th... exactly a week apart.

Andrew noticed that the nest was empty, which was good, because he was going to take it down and clean the house for the next home owners. This made me a bit sad, but I understood. After he had been outside for a while, he came in an excitedly told me he saw one of the babies hopping around the yard, trying to fly. I grabbed my camera and went out.


Isn't he a cute, grumpy little thing? I think his tufts of white feathers are hilarious & the expression he gave me was priceless.


Soon, he joined his sibling. They were hopping around and just enjoying life (and probably trying to get away from the crazy lady with a camera). So cute.


I was amazed at how quickly they grew. They truly looked like robins. I was glad that I got to see them at this stage in their life, and I was also glad that they no longer needed the safety of their nest to survive. I hope their still doing well. I miss all of my wildlife in that tiny yard of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment