24 August 2010

Gotta Walk My... Bunny?!

You always hear about people walking their dogs... sometimes even a ferret. This weekend, while visiting my hometown, I witnessed something I had never seen before. In fact, I actually participated in this hilarious activity.


Meet Leonardo.

This adorable bunny is the softest, most velvety rabbit I have ever been around. He's precious- and an absolute mess.

He is my sister's prize from the latest community fair.

When we arrived home from picking Miranda up from school, she said that she needed to walk him before he was allowed to hop around the house.

Wait! What?! WALK the RABBIT?!

Really?!


Yes, really.

My sister proceeded to strap this bunny into a vest with a leash.


Still not kidding. She went outside and put this rabbit onto the ground... connected to a leash.


Leonardo began to hop around. On a leash.


Yes, he explored everything. While on a leash.


I just had to have a part in this hilarious activity. I begged her to let me take the leash... connected to a rabbit.


Feeling rambunctious and onery, Leonardo took off! I had to chase after him... across the street... and into our neighbor's yard! What a riot!

 

I obviously found this to be one of the most comical activities ever. I had so much fun!


The only thing that convinced me to take Leonardo back inside is...


Leonardo LOVES to chase Tizzy, my mom's cat, around the living room!! Yes, the rabbit chases the cat. My sides hurt from laughing so hard!


It doesn't matter where Tizzy goes, Leonardo WILL find her. Priceless!!


Momma finally decided it was time for the little guy to calm down though. When Miranda picks him up, he nestles into her hair and rests on her shoulder. It is sooo cute and very sweet!

One thing can certainly be said about my side of the family- we sure know how to pick animals with personalities!! Their quirkiness often explodes from them. There is never a dull moment.

We grew quite fond of this rascally rabbit... and I'm tad bit jealous that Andrew gets to watch him and all his craziness throughout the week.

3 comments:

  1. I still don't want to admit that I'm glad we have another pet, but who can help falling in love with this sweet little guy? Great blog, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little guy. You know, you can train them to use the litter box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is cute, Jen! I think Miranda is going to try to potty train him!

    ReplyDelete