30 August 2010

Making Memories of Us: Door County, Wisconsin

The time has finally come! I have enough time now to blog about the awesome honeymoon that Andrew and I shared together. I think I have put off writing for several reasons... 1. I'm afraid I will miss something 2. Words cannot express how wonderful our trip was and 3. I was a bit mopey last week, and I was afraid that the pictures would make me miss him even more (which they definitely do- I just deal with it better now).

Anyway, we had an absolutely amazing time. We were gone for a total of eleven days.

I had fully planned on including everything in one blog, but as I had to scroll through pages of pictures, I decided it would be best to split the blogs up. We saw a lot of sights, and we had a lot of fun!

Day One



We left our driveway at 4:00 in the morning on August 8th. We were too excited to be tired. In fact, I attempted to nap, but that didn't last too long before I was wide-eyed and singing songs with my love!


We were already in Illinois when we saw the beautiful sunrise. Oh, how I wish pictures did God's artwork justice! The sun was HOT pink and gorgeous!


We've made it to Wisconsin!!


We saw some familiar faces along the way! My family was coming back from Wisconsin, so we met them for a late lunch/early dinner.


Our first view of Lake Michigan!


We made it!!! I cannot explain my excitement!


First stop? Well, after being responsible and checking in to our bed and breakfast...

Wilson's!


Andrew learned quickly that you don't just order a cone at Wilson's. Their single scoop is easily the size of a double... and is quite messy. I taught him everything I know about eating Wilson's ice cream during our stay in Door County. Let me tell you, I know a lot...


I was as happy as a lark (however happy that may be...) with my mint ice cream.

 




We ended our night with an amazing sunset. It was by far the best one of the stay in Door County.

Day Two


We spent the morning shopping in the cutest shops around.


Fish Creek is filled with really cool artsy shops. We had a lot of fun!





We enjoyed the silly metal art and beautiful flowers as we were walking around Fish Creek!


After my feet grew tired of shopping, we made the trek over to the funnest art studio ever!


I decided to do glass fusing. Andrew decided to be an awesome husband (are you surprised?!) and let me pick the activity.



I came up with a simple, but stunning design. Andrew cut the center leaf for me! It was perfect!



After getting every piece in place, it was time to let it dry.


When we were leaving, I just had to feed the chickens. I felt like a kid again... and loved it.


My sweet husband made me laugh by posing with this hippos made out of metal. I sure do love him!


We then headed to Wilson's for an old-fashioned, American dinner... jukebox and all!


For the record, Andrew does NOT like it when his quarters are eaten by the jukebox.



We ended the day with another stunning sunset and a glass of wine... compliments of my momma!

Day Three

I am definitely running out of blogging space- I have officially realized that we made TONS of wonderful memories!




My finished glass product!


Al Johnson's... a Sweedish restaurant.



Imitating one of my many gnome friends.


Relaxing by the lake!


My ninja husband. Cracks me up!!!


He'll always be a kid at heart, and I love that about him!



Beautiful skies!


We capped the day off with a movie at the drive-in theater!

Day Four




We spent the first part of the day taking a trolley tour filled with lots of beautiful scenery since it was a tad bit rainy.


By evening, it was GORGEOUS outside, and we were able to enjoy a fun and tasty fish boil at The Old Post Office. Earl was a hoot- and gave us tickets to play a free round of put-put golf!


The whole process boils out all of the nasty oils in the fish... awesome!



We thoroughly enjoyed our outdoor seating- what a view!


After another stunning sunset, we were off to play golf!




We both got a hole-in-one! We're basically pros!

Day Five


Day 5 began with laundry. Yuck.


After the dreadful task of responsibility was finished, we took a little drive. We laughed really hard at this sign.


We ended up at gorgeous Cave Point. Here, Andrew was able to get his feet (and body) wet, and I was able to soak in some sun!


Breathtaking.


Sooo handsome!



This was my favorite guy to imitate- cross-eyed and everything.


Last of Wilson's ice cream. : (



Last Door County sunset.




We had so much fun, that we went back on our last night to play another round. We tied on this night. I think he cheats... haha!


Our little froggie friend greeted us at the bed and breakfast to tell us goodbye!

We had a fabulous time in Door County, and we saw lots of gorgeous scenery! We headed to bed excited for our next adventure!

Stay tuned for our trip through Minnesota and into the Badlands... then through Wyoming on our way to Manitou Springs, Colorado! It'll be posted as soon as I can put it together!

1 comment:

  1. I love mint ice cream glad im not the only one glad you had such a great time girl and have all those wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete