19 August 2010

Like Mother, Like Daughter

I know a lot of my readers are anxiously awaiting a honeymoon post, and I promise it will come soon!! We are getting Andrew ready for school, so it may be a few more days before I have time to start posting, but I thought I could post a short one today.

My mom and I are eerily similar. We often say, and do, the same thing at the same time... and often without realizing it. We'll plan the same menu for the week, use the same phrase, or do something that the other has requested without knowing.

On our honeymoon, Andrew and I made a big loop out west. It began in the Badlands. Little did I know, but Mom and Steve took their honeymoon in the Badlands. I think I knew this- but I had definitely forgotten.

Anyways, the night before we left, Mom posted on my facebook to snap a picture of Andrew and me there. It turns out, the only picture taken of the two of them was at the Badlands.

Ok, so I didn't get this request, but I obviously had a picture taken of Andrew and me.


Now compare...


Not only did I fulfill the request that my mom made, but before she even had time to post her picture, I had already posted mine for her to see. It turns out that I had our picture taken in the exact same location... the only difference?! Andrew and I followed the rules... they didn't. Notice that we're in front of the rail while they're standing where they shouldn't be? HA!

We often use the phrase "We scare me!" Once again, it's true... we DO scare me!!

I will post more pictures soon... Andrew and I had a fabulous honeymoon, and we feel incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to take the trip (safely!) and spend so much time together!!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! It will be a great story to tell to your children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing girl and way to go mom for living on the edge lol!

    ReplyDelete