01 August 2010

Weekend Tease

This weekend Andrew and I got a small tease of what we're in store for very soon! We spent the weekend in Arkansas for his cousin's wedding. It was such a nice time, and it was wonderful to get away from the normal, everyday grind. It was also nice to spend time with each other!


We arrived at our hotel late Friday evening. We were greeted with friendly staff... and a king-sized bed. I was very excited about this, Andrew was not. You see, Andrew LOVES to hog the bed. He also loves to cuddle. This leaves me with very little sleeping room. This bed allowed me to sprawl out. It was wonderful. But, I can honestly say, we'll never own one.


After spending the day working on decorating the reception hall, it was time to get ready for the wedding. I was so excited about this because I had never met this side of Andrew's family. I really enjoyed helping them decorate during the day. It gave me a chance to lend a helping hand on a stressful day, and it also gave me the chance to meet some fantastic people!


The bride was absolutely gorgeous, and her groom was very nice. After spending the day working on this reception, we were excited to see it all come together. But... when we arrived, we were faced with a grim situation. A transformer blew just minutes before. Yes, they held the reception without lights, airconditioning, or any electrical ammenities. And, you know what, it was BEAUTIFUL! The bride was all smiles, and all of the guests enjoyed themselves despite the heat. It was by far one of the best receptions I've been too, but when marrying for the right reasons, it's easy to have a wonderful time! Congratulations to the bride and groom!


While at the wedding in Arkansas, I met a very sweet lady who helped inspire my mom's novel! When introduced to this character, I knew I had to have a picture taken! Ms. Ellie, as my mom knows her, exclaimed "I just love Diana! You know, she wrote a book about all of us girls. I don't think I want my kids to read it! I was the onery one!" I can only imagine her in her glory days- she's a spit-fire! I really enjoyed having the opportunity to see her, and I know my mom will appreciate this picture!


Today, Andrew and I spent the day on The Landing in Branson. He's all geared up for the crab leg dinner we're about to share! Don't let him fool you in that bib though. He removed it as soon as the picture was snapped.


I enjoyed playing with my food. I'm a bit spoiled, and I play more than I crack. In fact, I think I only cracked one of my own crab legs. Thankfully, I had Andrew laughing throughout the dinner, and I don't think he minded doing the work for me.


After lunch, we explored The Landing a bit more. We asked a lady who looked to be a professional to take our picture. Sadly, she must be a wanna-be photographer. Before editing this picture as much as I could, this picture was very blurry. Oh well, it's still cute! We had so much fun together!


We, of course, had to get a souvenier penny. We're dorks, I know.


We will definitely be visiting The Landing again soon! We had a blast!


Wouldn't this be gorgeous in mid-October? I bet the landscape is breathtaking!

After this fun weekend getaway, we cannot wait to go on our honeymoon. We can taste relaxation, but for now, it's simply a tease of what's to come. Maybe this weekend can hold us over until it's truly time to escape for a while...

1 comment:

  1. Lets get crackin! You're fun to eat crabs with, I dont mind at all to crack yours :) So much fun today!

    ReplyDelete