27 May 2011

Stromboli

As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, my mother-in-law gave me a recipe book with their family favorites. I was so excited to get this recipe book for many reasons. For one, I love to cook. For another, I have been wanting to cook some of Andrew's childhood favorites so he can enjoy them now. This recipe book included one of his very favorites of all times... stromboli. I was very surprised at how easy it was to make, and I was very excited at his reaction to the meal! He really enjoyed it.

Joni said that I could share this recipe, so I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Ingredients:

1 loaf frozen bread dough
1/2 pound or so of meat
Shredded cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 tsp basil

Preparation:


Thaw dough in the refrigerator.


Roll dough into 10x15 rectangle. Yes, I wrestled with the dough. Yes, I realize it's not very pretty. Yes, the imperfection bothered me. I am trying to get over that.


Beat egg and parmesan cheese, and brush over crust.


Layer meats and cheese.

Sprinkle with basil.


Roll tightly lengthwise.

Seal edges.

Place sealed side down on greased baking sheet.


Bake at 400 degrees for 13-15 minutes.


Remove.

Slice.


Serve!

Enjoy!

This recipe was very easy. I need to have a bit more practice on rolling the dough more evenly, but not bad! The looks didn't change the taste. That's really all that matters, right?

This week, I have something else planned for this basic recipe. I will share that soon... it will be good!


No comments:

Post a Comment