23 February 2010

Best Mom Award


... And the award goes to:

MRS. DIANA PRUSIK!!

I am serious when I say that I have the world's best Mom. She is pretty amazing. She has to be one of the most selfless human beings I have ever met. She never hesitates to help someone in need, and she always places other people above herself. She is awesome.

There are so many different things I could brag about... all of her successes, everything she does to help, her talents, etc. But, I am just going to brag about her kindness and willingness to do whatever she can for her children.

Last night, after getting home from Grandpa John's funeral, I suddenly came down with the worst stomach flu I've had in a while. I lost count of how many times I threw up in a 1.5 hour period (last count was 10). My mom, of course, was worried. My fiance, too, was worried. Not a good combination. Due to the fact that Andrew has 4 tests and lots of homework in this short week, he could not make the trip down here. It was simply unrealistic to even ask that of him. But, that didn't stop him from helping.

Mom told me that if I needed her, she would be here as soon as possible. I felt too bad to ask her to drive all the way down here at such a late hour. Andrew finally made the decision that HE would call her if I didn't. I am so glad he did.

Mom arrived at my home at about 1:30... after being sick herself and spending the last three days comforting Steve. She was exhausted, but that did not stop her from coming down to care for me.

While she was here, she did the laundry, washed and put away my dishes, cleaned my disgusting bathroom, bought crackers, Sprite, and two kinds of chicken noodle soup... and slept on a bed with no sheets because I just packed them away.

Never once did she complain. She just kept saying she wasn't doing enough.

My mom truly goes above and beyond the call of duty. She is amazing- and I appreciate her so much. She is such a blessing to my life, and she is the one who holds this family together. I love her with all of my heart, and she simply does not get the recognition and appreciation she should.

In closing, I am going to say what all of my family members need to say to this extraordinary woman:

Thank you for all that you do, Mom. You are an incredible lady, and your selflessness does not go unnoticed. Even though I don't tell you often enough, I appreciate you and all that you do.

 

I LOVE YOU, MOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment