19 February 2010

celebrating life


This picture means so much to me. Here I stand with all of my grandparents... two of which are no longer here with me. It is never easy to lose a grandparent... no matter how close, or how far apart you are from them.

My Grandpa John (in the tan vest) passed away last night. Although he was an onery man, and often said things that were a little distasteful, I still loved him. I have many great memories of him, and the ones I will remember the fondest are from his house in Gerald. The dock over the lake... the huge living room... the parties. It was so much fun.

He will be missed.

Today I celebrate his life- and I celebrate the lives of ALL of my grandparents. They are all very dear to me, and they have done so much for me. They have helped me grow, and they have helped shape me into the person I am today.

So, today, I am thanking my God extra for all of the love he has blessed me with.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss. We'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Staci. That means a lot.

    ReplyDelete