24 February 2010

101 Days Away!

I am 101 days away from being Mrs. Abby Bannister! It is such an exciting time in my life, and since I am still taking it easy from being sick, I thought that I would post a blog with a preview of some of the details of the wedding.

Flashback


April 7, 2007

It's a YES!!! Though it wasn't a verbal yes, I think my actions spoke loudly! What a wonderful day!



The ring! I cannot wait to see it complete!

Ok... Now for a little sneak peak into our big day!

Jewelry


Pearls will be the most dominant accessory in my wedding. Pearls will adorn my bridesmaids as well as various decorations. I love how pearls are timeless, and I love how elegant they are. I think they will add a nice touch to the wedding.



In order to tie in the pewter shoes my bridesmaids will be wearing, I have incorporated the look of Tahitian pearls into some of the accessories. They, too, are elegant and add some trendiness to the wedding.



And, of course, there will be rhinestones. What would a wedding be without a little bling? The rhinestones will add some sparkle to the pearls. I am very fond of this combination, and I can't wait to see everything put together!

Flowers



I love the look of this green cymbidium orchid. The wine colored center will look lovely with the wine bridesmaid dresses and wine vests. This will be one of the main flowers in the wedding. Along with these, expect to see the following:


Birds of Paradise


Dark Purple Calla Lilies


Various Tropical Greenery

Potted Palms in Memory of Loved Ones

Colors



Wine... It is a mixture of deep red and purple. It is a unique color, and it will look wonderful with all of the tropical flowers I have in mind!



Gold... It's timeless. It's gorgeous. It's classy.



All of the rich colors of fall. Deep purples, reds, oranges, and golds. With a splash of lime green to pull in the tropical flowers and create a summery feel. Ohh! I can picture it already! I cannot wait to see everything come together!!

The Venue



The Vineyard at Riverbend Chapel! It's gorgeous!



The reception hall



The property overlooks the river.



One more shot of the view.

The venue is a gorgeous estate and chapel. The chapel is filled with ceiling to floor windows. Everything is simple, but elegant. It is a very comfortable place where I am sure our guests will feel welcome and at ease!

Well, I think I will leave everything else a surprise for the big day! I just thought it would be fun to post some of the plans that I have been working on for the past three years!

I cannot wait to marry my best friend in 101 days! It will be the beginning of a wonderful marriage. I love him with all of my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Classic, Elegant. I would expect no less from you.

    I'm somehow, I'm not surprised about the tropical flowers....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding sounds so beautiful! I'm hoping to make it home for it!

    ReplyDelete