11 April 2010

Hodge Podge

It is obvious that I have neglected my blog for a while now. Nothing too significant has taken place, and I have been so incredibly busy that I just haven't had the time. So, this blog is going to allow me to play "catch-up," and hopefully I will do better at blogging in the coming weeks!!

Here goes...


I am finally able to use some of the kitchenware I have been collecting since high school! Mom purchased this bowl for me years ago, and I love seeing it on my counter filled with colorful fruits! This picture simply does not show the rich colors as they are in real life!



Operation Replantation... This picture does not do this area justice, but I love my spring garden! My elderly neighbor, whom I absolutely adored, passed away last year. I always enjoyed her spring flowers, and I took care of them last year for her since she was no longer here. This year, Andrew decided they needed to be mine. So, they moved from her yard to mine. They include daffodils, hyacinth, and everything in between. I love it!



Here the daffodils are standing tall and proud! I think they love their new home!! I can't wait until they bloom again next year!



For those of you who follow my blog... here is the surprise flower from my post a month or so ago! Andrew bought me three hyacinth bulbs! They were soooo pretty! I really enjoyed the purply pink color!



Here is a shot of the light post! The grass is growing in so nicely and has even grown since this picture was taken! I love this little area! I will post again in late summer when the grass is at it glory!



Before my yard was mowed for the first time this season, it was completely purple! These wild forget-me-not flowers filled my yard! It was quite the sight!! Now I have the most gorgeous yard thanks to my wonderful finace!! He has the pictures of that! haha!



I have begun to receive RSVP cards! I was soooo excited that my Granny Miff was the first to RSVP! According to the doctor's, she shouldn't be here right now. In fact, she should have left us a long time ago. Thankfully, God has granted her sooo much more time here on Earth! She was the first to RSVP for the shower, and now she is the first to RSVP for the wedding! It made my heart swell with happiness, and once again, I thank God for the many blessings He's given me. He is truly amazing.



Finally- I wish I knew why my gato always looks so upset in pictures. I cannot get a good one for the life of me. He truly does have a sweet face... I just cannot capture it. Silly cat.

Well, there we go... I'm all caught up... I think. : )

4 comments:

  1. Your house is adorable!! And so is your cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heather!!! I love my little place... and I wish that Theodore would look normal in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a sweet spot for daffodils to. Josh doesn't get the purpose of them, since their blooms are so short. I think they signify springtime.

    Those kitties can be soo hard to get along with sometimes. Some of mine will pose for pictures while others will make it the hardest task ever!

    And don't feel bad about not blogging. I have blogged enough for the both of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daffodils are just precious. All spring flowers are.

    Yes, Theodore NEVER behaves for pictures. It's such a bummer, because he is SO handsome and has the prettiest eyes. But, I can only get a good picture of him when he's sleeping. : (

    ReplyDelete