16 April 2010

Life

Today, I was looking through quotations in hopes of finding one for the top of my blog. I was successful; however, I came across a major problem. There are far too many amazing quotes. I literally hit the jackpot, and as a result, I have spent the last hour reflecting on my life. Let me share with you some of the quotes that made me stop and think.



"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." -Robert Byrne

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde

"It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living." -Oliver Holmes



"Happiness is not so much in having as sharing. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." -Norman Macewan

"Where there is love there is life." -Gandhi

"Life is God's novel. Let him write it." -Isaac Singer



"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars." -Henry Van Dyke

"Security is when everything is settled. When nothing can happen to you. Security is the denial of life." -Germaine Greer

"Life is relationships; the rest is just details." -Gary Smalley



"The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt." -Frederick Buechner

"Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed." -Corita Kent

"I love my past. I love my present." -Colette



"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change." -Buddha

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard

"The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself." -Anais Nin



"Life is just a chance to grow a soul." -Powell Davies

"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies." -Ann Landers

"It is not length of life, but depth of life." -Ralph Waldo Emerson



Go and live... and remember that God is good and present in every moment.

2 comments:

  1. I love these quotes . . . and I recognize several of the pictures! (Go, Door County!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing quotes! Definitely gave me things to think about! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete