29 May 2010

Gnome Fever

If someone would have told me five years ago that I would own a garden gnome, I probably would have laughed. I have always thought they are a little bit silly and for older people. A friend of mine has been working on a gnome garden and blogging about it. It is absolutely adorable! She has some of the cutest gnomes I've ever seen, and it has really made me want to buy a gnome.

Switching gears- Last year Andrew (and I) worked really hard to landscape the house. We planted all sorts of plants- elephant ears, hostas, calladiums, and more. Out of all of those plants, only the hostas came back. That left the front of our house bare... with river rock and mulching. It looked a bit odd. Today we made some purchases to spruce the front area up again.



We purchased these cute yellow zinnias as a filler flower along with...



... these vibrant red and orange celosia.

The main attraction are...



... three bold red, orange, and yellow zinnia plants.

This area is so pretty, and the color combination really pops. I love the bright reds, yellows, and oranges. They are the perfect summertime colors. I am a happy camper.

But...



This sleeping guy makes me so happy. I think this little gnome is the cutest thing ever. He is nestled in amongst the plants and he looks like he is enjoying a nice summer nap. I really like him!

I am afraid that I may have gnome fever now. I would like a cute little collection to go with my sleeping gnome. Oh boy...

Also- I didn't listen and was in the sun too long. I was wearing my swimming suit top, and Andrew kept telling me to go inside to avoid tan lines for the wedding. I didn't listen. I now have lines. I'm hoping they fade by Saturday! Oops!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww he is too cute! I can't wait to watch your gnome garden grow. They are infectious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol gnomes make me giggle XD He's a cute one though!

    I hope your tan lines fade too!

    ReplyDelete