09 May 2010

Today I Honor...

... a very incredible lady.

Someone who is selfless.

Someone who is there in an instant.

Someone who is strong.

Someone who is loving, kind, and gentle.

Someone who truly shows unconditional love.

Today I honor my mom.






My mom has been there for me through so many things. She's been through break-ups, held my hair when I was sick, zipped my wedding dress the first time I tried it on, and cried the first tears for many occassions.

My mom is extremely strong, yet gentle. She is one of the kindest people I know, and she has a heart of gold. She gives and gives and gives of herself and never asks for anything in return.

She raised me to be the best I can be. She has always believed in me, pushed me, and expected me to be the best that I can be. She never let me settle for anything less than my best, but she never had unrealistic expectations of me either.

She helped mold me into the person I am today. She helped me learn how to love, how to trust, how to care, and most of all, she taught me about God.

She is an incredible woman. I am so proud to call her my mom.



As I get ready to marry the man of my dreams, I reflect more and more about the life lessons this special lady has taught me over the years. I am so thankful that God blessed me with such an incredible mom!!



Today, my mom spent Mother's Day at the hospital with my Granny Miff. She was taken to the ER this morning, and without second thought, my mom went to the hospital to be with her.

Mom has spent this week creating beautiful bouquets for other women in honor of Mother's Day. She has worked so hard to make this day special for many women in the community.

Today was supposed to be HER day. A chance for her to rest. A chance for her to enjoy. Instead, she spent it at the hospital. She never complained, she just did what had to be done. I am glad I could be there with her for a part of it.

She takes everything with stride, and she gives of herself unconditionally. She isn't thanked enough for all that she does. But, without her, this family would not function as well as it does.

So, I would like to take this time to say THANK YOU, MOM.

Thank you for being who you are.

Thank you for raising me the way you did.

Thank you for loving unconditionally.

Thank you for giving so much of yourself without asking for anything in return.

Thank you for being an awesome role model.

Thank you for being an incredible, absolutely amazing, and totally wonderful Mom.

I LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww Abby, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma Miff. I sure hope she gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jen!!

    We're just praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have bought that waterproof mascara early, Abby!!!! This blog tops off a Mother's Day filled with blessings, despite the circumstances. Bless your heart; you've melted mine! Love you soooo much!

    ReplyDelete