23 May 2010

Slightly Obsessed


... with Disney's latest masterpiece.


Princess in the Frog could quite possibly be my favorite Disney movie ever created. Yes, it could even trumph Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Those who follow me on facebook know that I watch this movie fairly often. Ok, too much. Once a week minimum.

I thought that I would not watch it this week. I was going to refrain. It is not healthy to watch it as much as I do. That is until I heard it.

The voice.

In church.


Of Mama Odie.

I sat in awe for a few moments before turning to Andrew and exclaiming "Mama Odie!" Yes, this woman's voice is identical to the lady who sings and encourages us to "dig a little deeper" and we may just find that what we want isn't always what we need. This blind lady has deeper insight than most. Her pet snake is the only snake I haven't shuddered at in my lifetime. That is saying something.

This movie is about friendship, hard work, and discovering what you need in life.



Princess Tiana spends her life working to open a restaurant that her dad always dreamed of but never achieved. Through the movie, she learns that although her dad never got his restaurant... he had exactly what he needed: love.



Prince Naveen. Our little charmer. He's spent his life being catered to on a silver platter. Until he's cut off. Prince Naveen also learns exactly what he needs in life.


Charlotte, or Lotte, is the Baron's daughter. Though she seems shallow, she is a wonderful friend to Tiana and realizes the importance of finding one's true love.

Once again, my obsession is unhealthy. But, this movie has such a wonderful message that today's society needs to hear and soak up... and implement. I love this movie because it lifts my spirits and pushes me to pursue what I need in life. It helps me realize that though I want a lot, there are a few important things that I need to truly be happy.

If you haven't watched this movie, do so. It's worth it.




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this movie. It caused a massive bout of Disney Princess loyalty...I have decided that Jasmine is still perhaps my favorite, but that Tiana is "my" princess. I, also, perhaps have an unhealthy obsession :)

    ReplyDelete