11 May 2010

Sea of Green

The time has come.

I have been looking forward to this for three years now.

This weekend, we began moving Andrew's stuff into the house. It's a slow process, but the time has finally arrived!! We spent the weekend packing up his room in Rolla and moving some items to Cape.


I arrived in Rolla on Thursday evening to this lovely sight. Needless to say, we weren't quite sure where to begin! Ultimately, things were just randomly placed in boxes at our convenience. But, hey- it got the job done! We were ready to move him out on Saturday afternoon!





In order to move Andrew's full sized bed into our future bedroom, we had to disassemble the two daybeds. First, Andrew took apart the white one in Theodore's room... then the pink one in my room. Yes, it doubles as storage space- pardon the picture. Everything now has a special home! : )



Theodore was very worried about the removal of the bed in his room. He was actually very upset.



He finally found a safe place in the space between the full sized matress and the couch. He stayed here for a little while.



... That is until he saw we were moving MY bed into HIS room. He was sooo excited about this move. I just know that he thought we were going to have sleepovers every night. He purred and purred... and rubbed his head against Andrew's leg. He was adorable to watch! His excitement made me feel bad that I wasn't going to bunk with him every night. Ok, that's not the truth- but it was cute to watch!



Once the bed was assembled and the bedskirt was on, Theodore couldn't stand it any longer. He jumped up on the bed... with no mattress... and realized that the bed was full of holes! That didn't seem to phase him! He was just thrilled to have my bed in his room! So cute!

It was now time to set up our room!!!



I purchased this bedspread months ago, and I have been itching to use it ever since! I am extremely fond of this new bedroom set! It is still a work in progress, but I love it so far!!


Waking up in a sea of green truly makes me happy!! And, no worries- the bright white tag is now removed from the bedspread. It looks much better without it.

Now for a tacky plug for our registry...



I am really hopeful that we receive these curtains that we have placed on our registry! They are the perfect compliment to our bedspread, and it would look much better than the light pink and brown ones I have up now! These are now on the top of my list of items to receive- along with the ivory sheets and bronze curtain rod!! Like I said, it's a work in progress, but it's coming along nicely!!

Now... The countdown to when Andrew moves in!! YAY!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love the green and brown. It looks great! And Theodore is so funny. He definitely has a personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramona- That doesn't even begin to describe him! His personality is truly out of this world! I've never met another cat like him, and I'm not sure there will ever be another like him. He's a character.

    And, thank you! I loooove the change in the bedroom! I can't wait for it to be completed! I obviously love the color green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Typical cat. Doesn't want anything to change. Love the bedspread. Green has become my favorite color lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He for sure didn't like his room being messed with! He loves it now though!!

    I LOVE green. I could decorate every room in a shade of green and be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! That looks awesome, Abby. (I swear, you are so stinking cute.) It's getting close now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe- Thanks, Anna!!

    I cannot wait to get the new curtains (hopefully!), ivory sheets, and little side table (brown cubes from Target) for the wedding. They will finish the room quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOUR BEDSPREAD! I want to redecorate our room SO BADLY and make it look like married adults live here, not frat guys lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Heather!!! Would you believe that the comforter, bedskirt, and pillow shams were only $60 at Wal-Mart?! They have a LOT of cute stuff out right now, and the quality is reeeaaallly good... Our bedspread is very nicely made, thick, and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete