23 December 2011

Day of Surprises!

I had to work today while Andrew had the day off. I knew that he was going to work on tile flooring for under our pellet stove. What I didn't know is he has been planning to surprise me for a while now. With everything we've had going on, we haven't had time to put our Christmas tree up. For anyone who knows me well, you know that Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year. I had hung a Christmas wreath on our door, and we have a poinsettia in our living room. I was content with that because of everything else.

Well, on my way home, Andrew told me he had a surprise for me. Later, while talking to my mom, I told her that I hoped my surprise was an assembled crib... or the Christmas tree put up. I couldn't think of anything better, but boy, did he ever surprise me!!

Take a look at what he's been up to today!


He put the Christmas tree up!! He had already hung the beaded candycanes my great-grandma made the summer before she passed away along with an ornament we got at a fish boil on our honeymoon. How sweet is he?!


He saved a lot of ornaments for me to hang- which is my favorite part!


We didn't get to use our new tree this year, but I love this sweet little tree! It now "feels" like Christmas. I cannot stop looking at it! It adds so much warmth to our home.

But, that's not all!!


He also had the crib together!! All I had to do was get the bedding in. Well, that, and he put up with another one of my shenanigans. You see, there was a warning sticker that covered the entire bottom board on the side Andrew is on. It looked terrible! So, he patiently worked with me to get the sticker off. That puppy was glued on!!


I am LOVING this sweet crib! It is so peaceful and serene- perfect for our Sophia.


Don't you worry about the bumpers... they are flush with the mattress! YAY! Sophia will be plenty safe. The comforter won't stay in the crib with her either. We are using swaddlers at night with her. Plus, she will sleep in a bassinet in our room until she is three months old or so.


See? The bumper pads don't stick up too far!


I also had to share a picture of the changing table. The bottom basket will be used as a hamper. The other baskets are filled with diapers, wipes, headbands, socks, and so forth. Once again, I love the simplicity of the furniture and accessories.

This is just a sneak peek. We still have some decorating to do and whatnot, but I know my momma has been itching to see pictures of the nursery. I will post before and after pictures of this room when we're completely done.

My husband is so awesome... and this nesting momma has a very happy heart! Such an AMAZING start to the Christmas weekend. This truly is the most wonderful time of the year. We may be far away from our family, but we have our own little family here. What's in store for the rest of our weekend? Well, we plan to go to both of our church's services, build a gingerbread house together, and exchange Christmas gifts. Most of all, we plan to spend quality time together and remember the true reason for this season... the One who blesses us with all we're given.

No comments:

Post a Comment