25 December 2011

Merry, Merry Christmas!!


Andrew and I have had a wonderful Christmas. Although we are away from our family today, it was still a blessed day. We attended both the Christmas Eve and Christmas morning service at our church. They were both incredible, and it was so nice to focus on what this day is REALLY about. In fact, being here with just the two of us, we have really been able to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. It's been very nice!

Last night, a sweet friend that we met through church invited us to join her and her husband at her family's house for Christmas lunch. We readily agreed, and we are so thankful that we did! She has such a friendly family, and it was so good to spend more time getting to know them. Jason and Miranda have a 6 month-old son named Owen, and he is absolutely adorable! It's nice to know another couple in the same phase of life that we are. We look forward to having lunch with them next Sunday after church... if Sophia cooperates, that is!



We also exchanged Christmas gifts. We had so much fun keeping these a secret from each other. He got several items, but I think he was the most excited about his helicopter. I got all of the seasons of Reba on DVD. We are currently watching them! I really, really, really like this show!!





We also decorated a gingerbread house! I have always wanted to decorate one, but have just never done it. Andrew surprised me one day by bringing one home from the store. We decided that neither of us should be cake decorators... and that we need a few more years of practice to get the hang of this. It was still lots of fun & it turned out pretty cute!

I love our quiet life here together. We can make any situation fun and memorable. That's the best part about being married to your best friend!!

On a side note...


I am slightly terrified of Andrew's new toy. I have decided it's slightly evil. It destroyed the shamrock... twice. It also attacked my feet... and then continued to seek me out to torture me. It has a mind of its own, and this is a dangerous thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment