22 December 2011

Living Tornado

Pregnancy has made my clumsiness even worse... my forgetfulness more prevalent... and the amount of disasters I create more frequent.

Today was the icing on the cake. My biggest goof-up yet.

Ugh.


While carrying one of four packages we received today into Sophia's room, I was watching my step (which is hard to do around this big belly), and I was not paying attention to what the package was doing in my arms. It knocked a brand new (thankfully small) can of paint off of the ledge near the kitchen. The lid popped off, and paint flew everywhere. It covered the floor, dripped down the wall, splattered the fish tank stand, and drenched the curtains I had washed and waiting to be hung. Thankfully, my clothes were spared.

Yes, panic mode kicked into high gear. Paint spreads very, very quickly. As you can see, the ladder is also in the living room... along with the step stool and Andrew's dolly (not the cute play toy). I, of course, spun around, box in hand, which knocked the dolly over onto a pile of boxes we still have in our living. Paint is all over these items as well. Good thing they're used for construction.

What a mess!!!!

So, what did I do with this mess? I quarantined the paint at Andrew's request, cleaned the items that need to be cleaned, and...



Decided to paint the two places on the wall that we patched and needed to repaint. That's what I call frugal... and creative. So, I should get credit for using this wasted paint wisely, correct?

So, after panicking and frantically working, I am now sitting on the couch and resting. Baby girl doesn't need to come today just because I'm stressed out. Oh, did I mention that we're having our first overnight guest tonight? Andrew's friend is staying with us so Andrew can take him to the airport. I have dinner planned for us. It does not surprise me one bit that this fiasco took place today... when I don't have much time anyway. Oh well, I'm excited "Uncle" Matt will be here. He's been a big help to us, and he probably won't be surprised when he shows up to a complete disaster.

Regardless... it makes for a good laugh, I'm sure.


1 comment:

  1. WOW ABBY great thinking im glad you were able to do something productive i am sorry it had to happen though glad to hear all is going well with the pregnacy!

    ReplyDelete