15 December 2011

Diner Dates: Two and Three

Andrew and I have been enjoying our Diner Dates on Wednesday evenings. I have not taken the time to blog about them, so I thought that I would just combine the two together. These evenings are so much fun, and it's really nice to get out into our new community.

Here's where we've been...


Curly's Family Restaurant. This place has been the cleanest so far. It was decorated with cutesy-pie country decor and festive Christmas knick knacks. We both got a crispy chicken sandwich. Andrew went the buffalo chicken route, and I avoided it because the menu described it as being garnished with bleu cheese. We both thought this meant crumbles. Well, it turns out, they've stopped serving it to customers with bleu cheese because most people didn't want it... and, to our dismay, it was bleu cheese dressing. All in all, the food was good. Afterwards, I was telling Andrew that Curly's trumped Savard's for me because the grease "tasted cleaner." He responded by saying, "The grease is what makes these places!" I can't help it that I like clean grease ;-)


This week, we frequented Mr. Chicken... which is also a family diner. We both had, wait for it, chicken! Andrew had the chicken dinner, and I had another chicken sandwich. Mr. Chicken was also fairly tasty, but I think we both agree that it's a place we'll go during the summer to grab a quick sandwich on one of our outtings to the state park across the street. This restaurant will close from mid-December to late February so they can spend quality time together as a family. I think that's really sweet!

So, Diner Dates have been a success! It's really nice to have a "set" date throughout the week. I so enjoy time with my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment