17 December 2011

Rehab Baby: Not What You're Thinking

Let me start by saying, I work with the best group of people. I would have never imagined that I would work with people that I get along so well with, and that would quickly become more like family. Maybe it's because we're here in New York without family, but I feel like we are collecting people to fill the gap that's been left by our families living so far away.

Yesterday, I arrived to work, and they had the place draped with pink decorations. I was so surprised, and I must say, the rehab department looks great with a touch of Sophia! Our rehab director, Travis, has dubbed Sophia as the "rehab baby" because she consumes most of our conversations. They have been able to watch her grow & hear about all of her milestones. It's been so neat to have people to share this time with while we're so far away from "home".

(I also don't know why the vertical photos loaded horizontally. I tried to change this three times before getting frustrated with it. So, just pretend like they loaded correctly!)


Ladies in the front... Cecilia, Jonel, me, Kyla, and Ellen. In the back... Travis and Anthony. Each of these people bring their own special traits to the table. They make my workday so much better & I am so, so thankful for that!


Please don't break your neck looking at this picture. This is the doorway to my "office" a.k.a. closet. It's tiny, but it's wonderful to have a place to go to when I need peace and quiet to fill out documentation.


Anthony drew the stork. Notice the red hair? That's for our little spitfire!


My office! I like it : )


They even decorated my chair! So fun!


They all chipped in with food for the shower. Ellen had a couple of residents make chocolate-covered pretzels for the shower. Jonel made that amazing ranch and veggie pizza. Yum!


Jonel also made homemade macaroni and cheese. Kyla made pink (strawberry) cupcakes that were absolutely delicious.


As if giving us 240 newborn diapers last week wasn't enough, they also all brought gifts yesterday! We got a couple of blankets, several outfits, a teddybear or two, feeding gadgets, and gift cards for Sophia!

It is SO nice to have people who love us and our baby girl so much. We are so, so thankful for everything that everyone does for us! Yesterday was just another reminder of HOW MUCH God has blessed us with.


No comments:

Post a Comment