26 December 2011

Spiedies: It's What's for Dinner

We had a Secret Santa Christmas exchange at work on Friday. My friend, Kyla, had my name for the exchange. I guess I talk about food A LOT, because she got me a basket packed full of delicious foods. Truthfully, she knows how much Andrew and I like to cook together.

One of the things she got is something I had never heard of before- State Fair Spiedie Sauce. This marinade is authentic to New York, and everyone at work swore that I would become addicted to it as soon as I tried it. When I brought it home, Andrew immediately started planning what he wanted to do with it. We were going to have it for Christmas dinner, but we were entirely too stuffed from Miranda's family Christmas that we couldn't even entertain the idea of a big dinner.

So, we had it tonight!


Don't these look delicious?! Andrew did an amazing job with them. He put yellow squash, onion, red pepper, pineapple, and marinated chicken together to create a tasty feast. We decided that for the next batch, we will add mushroom, tomatoes, and maybe a green pepper for color.

I must admit, I am now a fan of this Spiedie sauce. It is not an overwhelming flavor, and mixed with these fresh veggies, it is a meal worth drooling over! Kudos to Andrew for a job well done!!

Mom... we plan to make these for you when you come to New York!




No comments:

Post a Comment