06 December 2011

Visiting Missouri

I know I'm a little behind, but I thought it would be nice to blog about some of the highlights of our trip back to Missouri. We had such a wonderful time, and we really enjoyed soaking up time with our parents (and family). The only thing that could have made it better is if Steve (my step-dad) wasn't on call. We also got to see my siblings, and it was so nice to visit with them. I wish that Andrew's siblings could have made it to the in-laws, but one had a houseful of sick babies, and the other thinks he needs to get an education or something. ;-) Regardless, it was a much-needed week of relaxation, visiting, and fun.


The week started off with a fabulous baby shower thrown by my sister and two best friends. If you missed that blog, poke around until you find it! It was so wonderful to see a lot of family and friends. We are blessed by the amount of people who came to celebrate Sophia.


I was also thrilled to see my Missouri best friend, and I love getting to meet Sawyer when he was only a few days old. He is so precious, and spending time with her was so good for my heart!


We got to meet our newest nephew, Liam! This little guy is full of giggles and smiles. Cousin Sophia enjoyed kicking him- I hope he's ready for her on this outside world. He is simply too cute for words, and I am so, so, SO glad that it worked out for us to meet him- especially since it was a last minute request. I don't even want to think about how much he will change before we see him again.


Auntie Miranda got to feel lots and lots of kicks, punches, and hiccups. Sophia already has her wrapped around her finger, I'm sure. We're so appreciative of Miranda- she was able to capture some beautiful maternity photos. I am very anxious to get the CD of prints so I can print pictures for the frames we purchased for Sophia's room.


On my birthday, we had a loud houseful of family. Our nephew, Brendyn, enjoyed some male bonding time with Andrew. They were pretty darn cute playing together.


We were able to hand out some of our Christmas gifts. I think Lexi and Brendyn enjoyed our budget gifts! I wish we could be there to see the others open theirs, but I hope they know that we love them all so, so much!


The week ended with my birthday celebration. Nothing like topping off a fun week with a delicious homemade carrot cake. YUM!!

It was an absolutely fabulous week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great time! I hope I get to see you and meet baby Sophia in the not too distant future! Also you have a package full of stuff that will be heading your way as soon as I make it to the post office!

    ReplyDelete