18 October 2010

Fall Break

I had fall break this past weekend. I was able to negotiate a trade in extern days, and I was able to have an extended break. Boy, was it nice!

I enjoyed bike riding with Andrew, relaxing, visiting at a family reunion, and attending a dear friend's wedding. It was awesome!

Here's a peek into my weekend : )


Getting ready to attend the wedding.


The beautiful bride! We've been very good friends since she moved to my hometown in 7th grade. We've been through a lot, but we've remained friends through everything.


Her groom is precious... he had to fight back the tears during their vows. To me, this is the ultimate sign that they're right for each other.


My husband really cleans up nicely! He's sooo handsome!


After multiple compliments about my fall wreaths, I decided that she needed one as a wedding gift! Best part? It's her wedding colors!


The hall was decorated sooooo nicely!


Beautiful cake! She had smaller cakes at each table as centerpieces. Too cute!


I love this girl! I was sooo excited to share in her special day, and I couldn't be happier for such an amazing person.


The almost-not-nice cake cutting.


There is something about a line of little girls watching the first dance that melts my heart! It was one of my favorite parts of our reception!

After the wedding...


... we left and headed straight to my family's bonfire and chili cook. I know, I was a tad bit over dressed. Can you believe that I can still pick my 11 year-old sister up? I adore this picture.


Love him : )


I showed up just for my sweet cousin, Logan. He may have been a wee bit sad when I told him we weren't going to make it. His welcoming hug when we actually DID make it was the best.


Finally, I had to have this moment captured. It's not everyday that my beautiful Granny Sue is sandwiched between her only granddaughters (not including the great-granddaughters).

Overall, it was a great BREAK from everything. It wasn't long enough, but when is any break ever long enough?! I came back rejuvenated, and the end of the semester doesn't seem so far away now.

I have a busy week ahead of me, but I also have a wonderful weekend to look forward to!!

God sure is showering me with blessings- and I have really needed all that He's been giving!


1 comment:

  1. Wow I didn't know she was getting married will you tell her i said Congratulations and That she made a very beautiful bride and from what i saw of the wedding it was gorgeous and I'm so happy for her.. And im glad you got to see your family hun.

    ReplyDelete