03 October 2010

Pumpkins, Pumpkins Everywhere!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I adore pumpkins. I absolutely love the colors of fall, the crisp air, the cozy fires, and most of all, pumpkins. Round, jolly pumpkins.

Andrew gave me a pumpkin fund this year. $20... and this had to cover all other fall decorations as well.

Ok. Done. I'm frugal... and I was given a mission.


When I first moved, we found the cutest little pumpkin "patch" in a nearby town. This sweet elderly couple put pumpkins out in their front yard... priced anywhere from $1 - $4. What's so neat about them? They go on the honor system.


They let their customers browse... and select.


And then pay when ready.


See? Precious! They even trust their customers to make their own change. I love it!


After making a haul from the sweet elderly couple, we ventured to a more commercialized orchard. I was a bit disappointed. Many of the pumpkins were rotten... and I only selected a teeny-tiny pumpkin.


We did have fun feeding the goats! Andrew liked this brut.


This poor guy got his horns stuck after I finished feeding him. Don't worry, Andrew rescued him.


This guy has it made. He hangs out up there all day- away from the brut- and a bucket can be passed up on the rope to give him food. He's the smart one.


After a failed attempt at the other place, we made our way back to the elderly couple. I made many more selections.


Here's the loot! Sooo pretty! I don't know what my facination is this year with green pumpkins, but I loved them!


Such a fun addition!


My little guys!

Now... my photo shoot with my pumpkin friends...


It started out with the palm tree invading my personal space...


and me being quite sassy...


and laughing at Andrew taking pictures of my sassiness...


... but ended with Andrew removing the problem.

I looooove my pumpkins! I didn't find "Gigantour" but Andrew will search for him this week.


The one I'm holding is my favorite. He's so round and pretty. I really like them all, and I am soooo thankful for my pumpkin fund!

Visiting the pumpkin patch was the perfect activity for a beautiful October 1st day. The skies were crystal clear... and such a vibrant blue. We ended the day with a bowl of chili at Andrew's Nana's. It was delicious... and ranks right up there with my Mom's. And, trust me, her's is hard to compete with!

Overall, we had the most amazing fall day... and I look forward to what the rest of fall has in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment