24 October 2010

Peace Offering

Ever since VERY early spring, I have had it out with the squirrels in my neighborhood. Why, you ask? Well, because one VERY fat squirrel enjoyed leaping from my porch to my brand new bird feeder. It would then swing from it while it knocked food to the ground. This was not ok. I bought the bird feeder to watch Cardinals, not acrobatics.

I'm sure you can all guess what happened. next. Yes. It fell to the ground... and busted. Not repairable. So, needless to say, I've not been happy with these bushy-tailed creatures.

On Friday, before leaving to go camping, I opened the porch door to this peace offering:


I stopped in my tracks. Looked harder.

And laughed.


After a closer look, I called Andrew outside so he could see what our squirrel friend (yes, I use that term loosely) left for us.


Nuts. On my pumpkin.

How sweet.


I have decided that I will forgive the squirrel for his past mistakes, but I also made it be known that he had to prove himself to me.

In the meantime, these pictures crack me up!

But don't tell that to Mr. Squirrel!


No comments:

Post a Comment