18 June 2010

Little Surprises

Today Andrew went grocery shopping for our upcoming camping trip. Andrew is the world's best at picking up little surprises for me when he goes to the grocery store. He doesn't always do this, but he is fairly consistent at spoiling me rotten.

When I got home from school today, I was met with a somewhat crabby husband. He picked up the mail today... which is something he never does. I love mail days. We've established that before on this blog. BUT... He got the mail today. This is probably a good thing overall. The mail was filled with multiple items of bad news. Not really bad- just aggravating. Sooo... he was not happy.

But... As he was leaving for work, he told me to look around for little surprises that he had picked up. I so love my silly, wonderful husband!!

Surprise #1...


He got me a hot pink blow up raft! We are going camping this weekend as I already mentioned, and since it's going to be extremely hot, we are camping near water. So, he got this so I could float around on it! Yay!

Surprise #2...


I am completely, utterly, and severly spoiled. I LOVE Fiji water. It just so happens that it's the more expensive of the bottled waters. Andrew knows that I adore Fiji water... the bottle, the presentation, the taste... everything. So, he caters to my taste buds and buys me this water as a surprise.

Surprise #3...


Yes, it's another bottle of Fiji water! What a perfect item to take camping! And, yes, he labels my surprises with sticky notes... which makes the whole thing even cuter. Please ignore the Shrek milk. That is NOT a surprise- that belongs to the little girl I babysat last night. Anyways- back to my adorable husband. I love surprises, and I love him for wanting to surprise me. As I said in my blog last night, it's those little moments that connect us that mean the most. I love him so much!

Along with the surprises, I saw that he had purchased our favorite brownie mix. It wasn't put away with the other groceries; instead, it was sitting out with the rest of the food that we are taking camping. I'm not sure if he was hinting around at wanting baked brownies or not, but I decided to prepare a little surprise for him to have when he gets off of work...


... I baked a super yummy pan of brownies. Yes, I had to taste test them first to make sure they were acceptable to feed to my love!

Anyways, I just had to devote this blog to a little bragging session about how wonderful my husband is. I truly did marry a top-notch guy!! He makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment