15 June 2010

Wedding Blog: Reception

The ceremony was perfect. What more could a girl ask for? I honestly did not believe that our wedding day could get any better. That is, until we got to the wedding reception.


Andrew and I, along with our wedding party, were announced to the song "Ever, Ever After" by Carrie Underwood. This song, written for the movie Enchanted, was the perfect song to enter to! Seriously- listen to the words. So us!


Andrew and I enjoyed a long awaited meal! We were so hungry! Sadly, my dress and excitement didn't allow me to enjoy the full meal. But, for wedding food, it was pretty darn good!


We really loved our wedding cake! It was almost too pretty to eat!


After the wonderful toasts by Miranda and Kent, Andrew and I cut the first slice of cake. I love that I married a man courteous enough not to shove it all over my face! We still had fun taking part in this wedding tradition.


I'm not sure which is sweeter... the cake... or the kiss.


After the cake was cut, we shared our first dance as man and wife. We dance to "In My Dreams" by Josh Turner. This song wonderfully describes our simple dreams and deep love for one another.


Oh, what a precious picture! I loved dancing with my husband!


At one point, I looked over, and this is what I saw. Lined up along the dance floor were lots of little girls. During the wedding, I was referred to as "The Princess" or "Enchanted" by these little girls. What's funny is, I am often compared to Amy Adams from Enchanted. To these girls, I was a real life fairytale. It gave me goosebumps to know that, not only was I living my fairytale dreams, but I was bringing fairytale princesses to life for these little ones. I told every one of them that if they search really hard and never give up, they will find their prince just like I had. I hope these little girls remember this night and set high standards for themselves now.


This one sits on my nightstand. I love it.


My Dad and I danced to "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle. As the song started playing, his eyes filled with tears. He always told me that if I played this song, it would cause him to cry. It did. We shared such a special dance. It is a dance I will never forget.


I also shared a father-daughter dance with my step-dad, Steve. We danced to "Hero" by Mariah Carey. Steve has always been the one to push me to be the best that I can be... and he has had faith in me when no one else seemed to. He's called me his hero for years- and he helped me find the hero inside myself.


Andrew and his mom shared a mother-son dance to the song "Find Your Wings" by Mark Harris. I could see the joy and love in their eyes as they danced. I hope they had a dance as special as I shared with my dad's!


During the Dollar Dance, I danced with many people. However, this picture with my sister, Zoe, stands out above the rest. I love how she is looking up at me. I am telling her here the same thing I told all of the other girls. I hope she never lets her guard down, and I hope she has high standards for any boy that enters her life. I want her, and all of the other girls, to find a love as strong as mine.


I tossed my "throw away" bouquet to the song "Wishin' and Hopin'" by Ami DiFranco. My sister, Miranda, caught the bouquet, but being the super sweet person she is, she gave it to my little niece, Lily! Lily is one of the ones who told me I look like Enchanted. I was so proud of Miranda, but that's no surprise! She's quite the amazing young lady!


Most. awkward. tradition. ever.

I did not like the garter tradition! How awkward to sit there, in front of everyone, with your husband trying to retrieve a silly garter that's cutting off your circulation. The only good thing was, I was able to rid myself of that pesky garmet. Andrew tossed the garter to "Pretty Woman" and my cousin, Brendyn, caught it. Enough said.


As the reception was drawing to a close, I finally talked my little nephew and ring bearer into giving me a kiss. What sweet kisses they were!!


The last song of the night was "I've Had the Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing. There is no better song to sum up the events of the day!

It was the perfect wedding... and it truly was the time of our lives!! I have found my happily ever after.

As "Ever, Ever After" explains...

"Each happy ending is a brand new beginning!"

And, I am so glad I've found my happy ending... and we are loving our brand new beginning!

5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwww. And yea, the garter thing would suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't do it!! It's way awkward! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. Looks like you all had so much fun!
    And you are right those garters definitely cut off the circulation. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramona- We did!!

    I'm glad someone else feels the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol girl i totally agree when i tried mine on i thought my leg was gonna fall off but because of the rushed ceremony that me and ken had i never got to wear it..Im glad you guys had such a beaughtiful reception

    ReplyDelete