10 June 2010

Wedding Blog: Bridal Room


Before the ceremony, I was blessed with the opportunity to share a very special time with my mom. She, along with my bridesmaids, helped me get into my dress and get my shoes on. Then, they stepped back while she helped me with my jewelry, veil, and final touches. I will never forget this special opportunity that I was able to share with her.


My sister and maid of honor also stood with us during this time. I am so blessed to have two outstanding women in my life. They push me to be the best I can be, and they have stood behind my relationship with Andrew since the beginning. I love them so much.


Having my mom place my veil was very touching. Again, it's a memory I will never forget. Sharing this time with her was incredible.


I love my veil. I love my dress. I love my bouquet. I honestly felt like a bride as soon as my mom secured the veil in place. My emotions at this point are beyond words. I felt so much excitement rushing through my soul! I pray that every girl feels the way I felt at this very moment.


I love this picture as well. Mom was touching up some of my curls, and my little sister, Zoe is soaking everything in. I kept telling her that someday she will find her Prince Charming and she can experience this herself.


This picture is precious. Here I stand with both of my sisters. I pray that they keep their hearts sheltered for the right man. I hope that they have as high of standards for love as I did. I hope they let God guide their paths so they can find a love as wonderful as mine and Andrew's. I just pray they search and search and never settle.


After all of the seriousness, my silly personality kicked in. Yes, I am standing over a fan. Mom wants to invent an airconditioned wedding dress. I think she is on to something. Those suckers are HOT!!! I was absolutely roasting!


I have always been able to make my sisters laugh. We simply love each other. This picture makes me smile because it's obvious that we have a great time together.


Here is a picture of the bouquets. Simply perfect. Who would have ever guessed I would have roses? But, I did! And, I wouldn't have it any other way!


I just had to have a picture taken of the special memory I was carrying on my wedding day. I had a picture of my great-grandma attached to my bouquet. I loved knowing that she was with me every step of the way. The tangible and visual reminder of this was so comforting.


Finally relaxing instead of bouncing around. I love this picture.


I can't wait to see Jim Fish's shot of this pose. It's soooo timeless!


Again, airing myself out. It was HOT!!! This picture cracks me up!


Dad finally made his way down to the bridal room. I love his expression. He could not take his eyes off of me, and he kept saying that he was just going to gaze and soak it all in. I truly felt like his little princess at this special moment.


Guests started showing up before we were expecting them. My stepdad is guiding the bridesmaids as they make their way down the steps while hiding me with a sheet. Let me tell you, the wind was CRAZY and the sheet was NOT behaving!!


Finally... this was the last picture taken before the ceremony. Tyler and I have been through so much together... good times... wonderful times... bad times... awful times... You name it, we've been through it. But, at the end of the day, I love my little brother with all of my heart. I spotted him from the window in my room and had to see him before walking down the aisle.

When asked by bridesmaids if there was anything I needed, I simply exclaimed "JUST GET ME MY GROOM!!!!" I was not a bit nervous... in fact, I had to be held back to keep from sprinting down the aisle towards my handsome groom. My excitement was pouring from me, and all of my guest exclaimed that I was radiating love and excitement... and not one ounce of nervousness.

Next up... The actual ceremony!!

3 comments:

  1. Best pictures ever! I love the one with you and the mirror and the one on the couch. Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jen!! This blog was so fun to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special thanks to Anna for capturing these images so perfectly!!!!

    I will remember how I felt during these moments for the rest of my life, Abby. Helping you into your dress, zipping it up, putting on the veil--what a precious time! Seeing my little girl transformed into the most beautiful bride in the world took my breath away, and still does. I am overjoyed!

    I know without a doubt that you married the man God created for you. I have no reservations, no hesitations--except that I still want you to always be my little girl.

    By the way, the sheet picture cracks me up--seeing your little feet shuffling along beneath it. How cute!

    I can't wait for your next blog! :-D

    ReplyDelete