08 June 2010

Wedding Blog: Spa Day

In lieu of a huge, wild, out of control bachelorette party that I was not looking forward to, my Maid of Honor and bridesmaids planned a spa day the day before the wedding. We got manicures and pedicures and enjoyed each others' company. Miranda and I also learned what Andrea already knew... We do not care for pedicures. At all.


Mom snapped this shot of Miranda and me as we were beginning to get our manicures. I got an acrylic set, and Miranda got her nails painted.


I enjoy being pampered. It's quite nice actually.



This pretty much sums up my behavior... cool as a cucumber. If I wasn't calm, cool, and collected, I was bouncing off of the walls and informing everyone that I was getting married.



This is the one part that I did enjoy of the pedicure... the warm wax. It felt soooo cool to have the hot wax on my feet!



They then wrapped my feet up like a crippled child. I loved this part as well. It was so warm and cozy. If a pedicure only include the hot wax and warm and cozy booties, I would love it. However, the scrubbing, rubbing, and other annoying activities are not for me.



At the end of spa day, we were beautiful! Despite this dislike of the pedicure, Miranda and I left with super cute toenails! I enjoyed having beautiful nails for my wedding, and I am so thankful that my bridesmaids planned such a nice, relaxing day for me!

After the spa, we went to Applebee's where I enjoy the Fiesta Lime Chicken and a Skinny Margarita. It was the perfect meal to celebrate my upcoming marriage with! I enjoyed chatting with my sister and friend, and I had a great time just being with the girls!

After we left, I got a massage from my stepmom. It was heaven on earth, and it provided me with the best way to relax before the big day! Even though I was Chatty Kathy the ENTIRE time, I left feeling like a new person!

The evening ended with my mom, stepmom, sisters, bridesmaid, and me watching Princess and the Frog. Perfect. Simply perfect!

I woke up on Saturday relaxed and ready to go!

Thank you girls for planning such a wonderful day and for making my last day as a "single" gal the absolute best that it could be! I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww, so much cooler than a big party.

    I miss getting our nails done. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS so much cooler! So much more special too!

    I miss it too!!! Those were fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol at least yours was easier than mine i travled for a day lol then had to run back to the hotel on base in the pooring rain im so glad you got pampered girl u deserve it but i agree like u i never was nervous but sure was excited

    ReplyDelete