07 June 2010

Wedding Blog: Rehearsal

I have decided that the easiest way to blog about the much asked about event is to break it down event by event. Over the course of the next few days (and possibly weeks), I will blog about different events and aspects of the best day of my life.

First up... Rehearsal.


After working a 10 hour work day, getting off 30 minutes late, and driving three hours (through lots of road construction) to Washington, Andrew made it to the rehearsal about 35 minutes behind schedule. Our pastor was a bit uneasy at the hectic nature of our rehearsal and doomed our wedding to failure due to lack of organization...  at least that's how it seemed at first.


After a bit, things calmed down and we were able to get started. I had a lot of fun learning what we needed to do the day of the wedding as far as the ceremony goes. Little did I know that, at the end of the evening, I would forget everything we talked about. It was simply a whirlwind!

We were at the chapel for an hour past the expected ending time. Boy, oh boy was I hungry!!! So- after "learning" our roles, we headed to the rehearsal dinner hosted by Andrew's parents.


I enjoyed sitting next to my momma at the dinner. We had awesome tortellini, chicken, and ceasar salad. Yum!! The tortellini was by far my favorite!


The in-laws decorated with sunflowers, lights, and placecards. It was very beautiful and very relaxing! Perfect environment after a hectic rehearsal!


My parents created a video of pictures of Andrew and me growing up. This video was incredible! It perfectly depicted how God has orchestrated our paths so that we are perfectly suited for one another in marrige. This video shows that we were, beyond a shadow of doubt, created for one another.



I really enjoyed hanging out with my flower girl and niece, Lexi. She looked precious in her dress, and she was very excited to be there! She really loved the cake... almost too much!!


I hugged on my little sister even more so than normal in the days before the wedding. This girl is amazing. She was the perfect Maid of Honor, and she is my best friend. I love her more than words can say, and I am so blessed that she was such a big part of my wedding.


It was sooooo nice to have all of my bridesmaids together! We are sprawled out here, there, and everywhere so it was very hard to get everyone together.


I also got in some cuddle time with my ring bearer. Now that he can walk, run, and throw balls, he's far too busy for Aunt Abby. So, I snatched this opportunity to cuddle him. What a perfect way to end the evening!

Overall, it was a fantastic rehearsal and dinner!!

Check back for more throughout the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment